November 18, 2018
Sermon Title: Are We Really Thankful? ADD IT UP!!
Click Link below to view Scripture Text:
I Thessalonians 5:18
Click here to access Sermon Video
"Left Click" to listen or "Right Click" to Download & Save the Sermon Audio
Psalms 100:1-5; Psalm 98:4
Scripture Text: I Thessalonians 5:18
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Are We Really Thankful? ADD IT UP!!
One of the most beautiful Psalms of thanksgiving is the 100th Psalm. I am convinced that we are a people who have been truly blessed by God. And of all those who "give thanks to Him and praise His name" our name should be at the top of the list!
It is pretty common to make a Christmas wish list.
But today I want us to think about a Thanksgiving Day list of all the things that we are thankful for.
10. A house - many people in this world today who have no place to live. Even in small towns people often live with their family two and three in the same apartment or home.
9. Food - we always have plenty to eat at our house. Many people don't. We have all seen people standing beside the road holding a sign that says, "Will work for food."
8. Clothes - I never have to worry about whether there will be clothes in my closet for me to put on each day. Many people only have the clothes that they are wearing.
7. Health - I am thankful that I am blessed with good health. Many people have a serious illness which keeps them from enjoying a full and happy life.
6. My country - I am thankful that I live in a country where I enjoy great freedom. In many countries you can be put in prison, or even put to death, for telling others about Jesus.
5. Churches - I am thankful for the 43 years years of ministry.
4. Friends - I am thankful for my many friends. I have friends in every church I have served. Some I count my closest and best friends for life that are a support system. I have always had friends who were there to help me.
3. Family - I am thankful for family. That is likely near the top of all of our lists.
2. Parents - I am thankful that God blessed me with a father and mother who loved me, cared for me, and taught me about Jesus and his love.
1. Jesus - Jesus is number one on the list of things for which I am thankful.
No one ever loved me like Jesus. He loved me so much that he was willing to die on a cross so that I can have everlasting life. Thank you, Jesus.
With Jesus we have so much for which to celebrate on Thanksgiving!
* * * * * * * * * * *
We welcome any comments you may have about Pastor Bell's Sermons. Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or if you would just like to to find out more information on the word of God.
CLICK HERE to contact Pastor Bell
Click on our logo above
to go back to the top of page.
Copyright � 2007 Liberty Fellowship
All rights reserved. All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, notices, stories (whole or in part), visual or sound files,
or written content; without written permission from Liberty Fellowship and/or its authorized agents.