August 16, 2020
Sermon Title: Trusting God in Tough Times !
Click Link below to view Scripture Text:
Click here to access
"Left Click" to listen or "Right Click" to Download & Save the Sermon Audio
Scripture Reading: II Chronicles 16:12; II Timothy 1:7
Scripture Text: Ephesians 3:14-21
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Trusting God in Tough Times
Summary: Christians have the opportunity, just as they did during the plagues and epidemics of history, to distinguish themselves from the world. It is the Preacher's responsibility to lead the flock during this pandemic for that very purpose.
We can't be so afraid of dying that we forget to LIVE!!
As believers we cannot be living in fear like so many of those around us that have no real relationship with the Lord.
II Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the Spirit of fear; but of LOVE, and a SOUND mind."
- Let's remember to let faith rule our hearts and not fear
- I absolutely believe we should take this pandemic seriously, use precaution and exercise wisdom
- At the same time, we can do so while keeping our faith in a LIVING - LOVING - CARING GOD
If God took care of us before this pandemic, please know that He has not changed. Although everything is changing at rapid speed around us, God is not.
- He is the same faithful God before this outbreak that He will be once it passes
- Our faith can be steady because our God is faithfully unchanging.
If we are not careful, fear can rob us of three essential gifts from God that we desperately need at this time.
- POWER -- enables us to live a life of faith when it's not Easy
- LOVE -- enables us to share and sacrifice when it's not Convenient
- A SOUND MIND -- allows us to experience Peace, even when everything seems to be going wrong all around us.
- There is too much at stake to give in to fear during this season.
* * * * * * * * * * *
We welcome any comments you may have about Pastor Bell's Sermons. Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or if you would just like to to find out more information on the word of God.
CLICK HERE to contact Pastor Bell
Click on our logo above
to go back to the top of page.
Copyright © 2007 Liberty Fellowship
All rights reserved. All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, notices, stories (whole or in part), visual or sound files,
or written content; without written permission from Liberty Fellowship and/or its authorized agents.