May 12, 2019
Sermon Title: Mothers Day: A Day to Honor
Click Link below to view Scripture Text:
Click here to access Sermon Video
"Left Click" to listen or "Right Click" to Download & Save the Sermon Audio
Scripture Text: Exodus 20:12
12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."
Mothers Day: A Day to Honor
Today is Mother's Day. It is the one day each year that we men put aside to honor our mothers and the mothers of our children. And they happen to be the one person we will generally buy a gift for, and we will still anguish over what to buy. If you have not yet purchased a gift for your mother or your wife, let me give you a couple of quick hints on what not to buy.
Do not buy her anything that plugs in. If something needs to be plugged in, she will only see it as a tool. Also, do not get her any exercise equipment or videos, as this will lead to six months of her asking you why you think she needs to exercise in the first place. And I guarantee you that you will never have the right answer.
My suggestion is for you to buy her something that is only for her, and that shows that you are thinking about her happiness. If you follow that rule, then whatever you get her will be appreciated and loved.
Mothers are many things to their children, aren't they? Mothers teach us most of what we know in our early years.
We have all heard the expression that it takes a village to raise a child. Today, more than ever before, babysitters and nurseries are raising our children. The tragedy is that more and more children are being taught outside the home, and what they are taught is most-often worldly rather than Godly.
Here are some of the things our small children are learning today.
They learn the world's morality - 'If it feels right, it is right'
They learn Humanism -'God doesn't exist and we are fully capable of everything ourselves'
They learn that man descended from apes -
My question is; if man descended from apes,why are there still apes?
Someone wrote: You've Turned Into A Mom When:
- You automatically double-knot everything you tie.
- You find yourself humming the Barney song as you do the dishes.
- You hear a baby cry in the grocery store, and you start to gently sway back and forth, back and forth. However, your children are either at school or long gone!
- You actually start to like the smell of strained carrots mixed with applesauce.
- You spend a half hour searching for your sunglasses only to have your teenager say, "Mom, why don't you wear the ones you pushed up on your head?"
- You are out for a nice romantic meal with your husband, enjoying some real adult conversation, when suddenly you realize that you've reached over and started to cut up his steak!
* * * * * * * * * * *
We welcome any comments you may have about Pastor Bell's Sermons. Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or if you would just like to to find out more information on the word of God.
CLICK HERE to contact Pastor Bell
Click on our logo above
to go back to the top of page.
Copyright © 2007 Liberty Fellowship
All rights reserved. All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, notices, stories (whole or in part), visual or sound files,
or written content; without written permission from Liberty Fellowship and/or its authorized agents.