April 21 2019
Sermon Title: Don't Let the Stone Stop You
Click Link below to view Scripture Text:
Click here to access Sermon Video
"Left Click" to listen or "Right Click" to Download & Save the Sermon Audio
Matthew 28; Proverb 27:3
Scripture Text: Mark 16:1-4
1 "And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great."
Don't Let the Stone Stop You
Easter Sunday in the year of our Lord 2019. This is the day that the Lord has made; a day that has been set aside annually to acknowledge and celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
But as we celebrate on THIS Easter Sunday, I want you to know and understand that Easter is not all about the Easter bunny, hippity hopping along and bringing chocolate eggs for you to forget about your New Year's resolution diet and get your eat on.
- Easter is not about hiding Spring colored eggs over every inch of a yard or field, for little children to lose their minds trying to find them.
- Easter is not about buying a brand new Easter suit, a new Easter dress, a new Easter hat, or some new Easter shoes.
- Easter is not about the Easter madness sale at the Mall or in the stores.
Let the truth be told,
- Easter is not even about a certain day and a certain time of the year.
On the contrary, Easter, or should I say, Resurrection Day, should be celebrated every day, not just on Easter Sunday morning as designated on our man-made calendar.
- Easter should be celebrated every morning we open up our eyes and can still see the beauty and glory of the day.
- Easter should be celebrated every time we see our children running and playing in the house or in the yard.
- Easter should be celebrated every time you look at your pay check and realize that you've gotten another pay raise on your job.
- Easter should be celebrated every time you pass by an accident on the road, realizing that it could have been you.
- Easter should be celebrated every time one of our loved ones has transitioned from this life to eternal rest.
* * * * * * * * * * *
We welcome any comments you may have about Pastor Bell's Sermons. Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or if you would just like to to find out more information on the word of God.
CLICK HERE to contact Pastor Bell
Click on our logo above
to go back to the top of page.
Copyright © 2007 Liberty Fellowship
All rights reserved. All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, notices, stories (whole or in part), visual or sound files,
or written content; without written permission from Liberty Fellowship and/or its authorized agents.